06 February 2011

Shopping day

Whew, who knew that eating healthy was so damned expensive!!?!?  Seriously!?!  I spent $322 for a basket of food that.. if it was junk would have cost me $225-250.  I bought fresh fruits and veggies.  Some frozen non-breaded fish for the Papa Korg.  Yogurts, orange juice.  I stayed on the perimeter of the misery with just a few things from the middle.

So tonight's dinner is stew.  I bought some stew meat, and used a left over steak.  Added 2 or 3 parsnips.  Added a rutabaga (I hope, could have been a turnip... I'll have to google it).  A few leaves of cabbage, some onion (not much cause it's an uber strong onion). and some carrots.  Then a bit of pepper and salt and some beef broth.

I can't shop without eating though.  I got very weak doing it.  so when I came home I ate an apple, a banana, a cheese stick and drank some water.  I'm going to have to go forage for something else here in a bit.

I bought a spaghetti squash. I am determined to try it for spaghetti dinner.  I also bought some zucchini so I can try the lasagna recipe.  I'm going to have fun juicing in the next couple of days, too since I got a pineapple and a couple different melons.  I also bought an avocado to try.  I don't like guacamole dip, but I'll TRY the avocado.  If I don't like it or if Papa doesn't like it I'll know not to buy it again.

And the meat.  Oh our freezer loves me again.  A bunch of steak, a bunch of chicken, two whole chickens and some ribs for Papa.  I'm thinking I'm going to love my crock pot for the rest of this winter!!

I asked Papa today how he's feeling with no grains.  He forgets sometimes that there's certain foods he can't have, but he said he feels great.  And he's full.  He doesn't feel hungry during the day.  And his jeans with the hole in the butt seem to fit him better.  So that's a plus.

Well, I'll update later on how the stew tastes.  And my unofficial weight was 211.5   That was on the scale upstairs and not the Wii Fit board.  I'll get an official weight on Tuesday night.  WOOT!

UPDATE:  no stew for dinner.  Didn't cook it in time so that's tomorrow's dinner.  I'll have to think of something else... bacon and eggs probably!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment