02 February 2011

Score!

Today the man wanted something for lunch but he wasn't sure what.  I told him to make a sandwich using the romaine lettuce as bread.  You know what, he LIKED it.  He really LIKED it.  When I said "what's for dinner" he said, I'll just take another one of those sandwiches.  Really?  Score!

Though, tonight will be a combo of steak, chicken and ribs because of the freezer door being left open.  Chicken will probably be used for tomorrow's sandwiches.

I know I need to eat more.  I had Grapefruit with a sprinkle of sugar this morning.  well, around noon.  I'm getting hungry and this is my snacking hour.  There's some defrosted bacon, I could always make me some bacon and eggs.  I drank some water instead of grabbing a Pepsi.  So that's good.  :)

I keep editing.  I drank more water, ate some summer sausage and scrambled two eggs... I ate about 1.5 and the hurricane ate the rest.  A friend gave me a site with a TON of paleo recipes.  Can't wait to try some!!

Ok, so totals for the day:
One Grapefruit.  A handful of grapes.  A slice of a clementine.  LOTS of water (about 3 tall glasses, so roughly 50oz of water).  Two eggs.  Three slices of summer sausage.  About 4-6 oz of sirloin steak, grilled and grilled broccoli and cauliflower, about 2 servings worth.  I'm ready to pull out the juicer to show the kids and make them some apple juice.  :)  Definitely not enough to sustain a bird, however, I do feel full.  But, I'll have to work on eating a bit more throughout the day.  Tomorrow... who knows!  And I got the pineapple corer thingamabob from a friend (um, thingamabob did not come up as misspelled!  LOL!!)  so I won't fear the pineapple!  WOOT!

4 comments:

  1. WHOO HOOO!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! I want to see pics of this lettuce sammy.

    HEHE My word verification is mating

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's awesome! Tomorrow, if Mister eats another sandwich (he will, I had to cook chicken breast tonight, too) I'll be sure to take a picture. He did put a small amount of ketchup (not paleo) but I allowed it since he hasn't even had any pop... I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when hubby leaves, one of these days, i'm gonna come over for a breakfast juice made with that cool juicer! and i want something made with the pulp too! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking up recipes now! I want to be able to make a breakfast "bread" or muffin with the pulp without the use of wheat. I'm going to have to learn the almond flour or coconut flour ratio compared to using wheat flour...

    ReplyDelete