01 February 2011

Ok, somewhat starting

Well, we went shopping.  Papa Korg bought a new scroll saw.  That will make Papa Grok happy.  They can talk about their tools.  haha!   I bought a Jack LaLanne Juicer.  It really does make a lot of juice.  The apple I used might have been a bit softer than it should have been but such is life in the Great North.  I think with the pulp, unless I find a flour I can use for muffins (I'll have to look up the recipe again for something someone had done... a you tube vid... anyway...) I can roll out the pulp and stick it on the dehydrator.  Then I'll have fruit leather as well.  YUM

So, tonight I bought.... cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, parsnips, Romaine lettuce (for making sandwiches), light mayo (still Best Foods because let's face it, if it ain't Best Foods, it ain't mayo!), clementines for the kids, apples, oranges for Red cause he wants to use the citrus juicer I bought a while ago, and some grape fruit.  I can't wait to get a few more fruits to try the "breakfast" drink the juicer came with.  Pineapple is going to be one of them.  Damn, I wish I had the foresight to buy the pineapple cutter than Pampered Chef had.  Maybe they'll have it in their spring/summer line.  Hmm... Might have to hold a PC party soon.  We didn't buy the meat because it was too expensive at the wally world, so we'll try it at the misery.

Ok, so I'm going to step on the Wii Fit and weigh myself.  Remember, last winter, my unofficial weight topped off at *gasp* 257.  Ouch.  For someone that is 6'0 with small bone frame (had that measured one time, I'm not big boned, just tall), I should be at 165--though a few years ago I was at 180 and pretty happy with that.  I was nearly 100lbs over weight just one year ago.  Now, I've lost a bunch on my own, just by eating less, and trying to cut out the Pepsi.  Oh bubbles, how I love you. 

So... wait for it... wait for it... and my Wii Fit weight is:  Wow, that took a lot longer than planned.  Had to find batteries that worked and reset the board to the system.  Anyway, it's: 215.2   Overall I'm pretty OK with that, only because I know I've lost 40lbs.     Papa Korg is 257.3  He's not so happy with that.  So, there it is.  Next weigh in will be... oh whenever unless it's next week.

2 comments:

  1. I am actually heading to a PC party on Saturday...want the website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.... A friend had one she was selling so I got it from her. Now I can't wait to go get a pineapple.

    ReplyDelete