07 February 2011

Hard day

I won't lie.  Today was hard.  Harder than when I started a week ago.

It started off by getting woke up at 6:30 and because of the hurricane, I am not able to snooze with her around.  She gets into way too much trouble.  So I had only about 5 hours of sleep.  I will say, I do not feel overly tired though I'm a crabby abby tonight.  I attribute that to a healthier way of eating.  Most times I'd be so tired my head would hurt and my eyes would burn.  Today I don't feel that at all.

However.... As for a food day, even though I had success of staying away from grains, I did have a hard time with the dark chocolate M&Ms.  I should not have purchased them.  I should have left them at the misery.  But I thought... Dark Chocolate.. I can eat a few.  Today I had a few more than a few. 

The hardest part though... I went to an expo put on by the Housing people... and they had yummy looking sub sandwiches.  I did well though, and didn't have any.  As I went around to the meager tables (it was a really sad expo...) I came across a cup cake lady, who had samples!  And I didn't grab one.  The Tupperware lady had chips and salsa.  Those that know me know I love tortilla chips (or corn chips, or corn anything!)  I stayed away from that and even had a bit of a convo with them telling them about my Primal eating.  Tonight... because I didn't care for the stew (just not enough flavor for me...) I reallllly wanted a piece of bread with syrup.  I didn't eat it.  So while I didn't eat the grains, I did eat some bad M&Ms, didn't drink enough water and basically sucked all day.  Wait... I did have two eggs, on the go, and did have a romaine sandwich.  So I guess today wasn't a total loss.

I am going to go to bed earlier than normal... but it's hard to do when the hurricane has been Daddy's girl and Daddy is working on fixing the 'burban.  So, I hope it's not too much longer and we can go to bed. 

I do wish today wasn't the hard day and Wednesday would be since tomorrow is official weight day... and after eating the M&Ms and the tiny can of sliced olives (I don't think that's Primal... hmmm, crap), I may have too much sodium, which makes me retain water.  Ah, oh well.  I can't complain.  I *have lost weight and I *do feel better.  Like I said, I've been up since 6:30am and am not just plain exhausted.  Normally by now, I'd have crashed on the couch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment