10 February 2011

Keeping it real.

Well, today wasn't such a good Primal day.  I kept it as Primal as possible, but we had a pot-luck at Craig's company.  I admit, I ate two biscuits.  I skipped the chips and dip, the various breads, bagels and muffins.  The only fruit was strawberries, so I had those, and did have one that was covered in dark chocolate.  And some bacon.  I stayed away from the corn bread and the "breakfast casserole" since I didn't know what all was in it.  And I did eat one of my deviled eggs... didn't try the other because I'm not sure how they're made. 

Papa didn't do as well.  He had some of the various breads.  LOL  But then, I found out that he's cheated a bit more trying to knock out his ALC before today.  Almost killing himself in the process.  Up till 4am today and then up at 7 to get to work.  So yeah, I've forgiven him for eating the gummies.  Tonight, he had grapefruit, so that made up for it a bit.

He's just not getting the whole "corn syrup is made from... CORN!"  It's ok.  Eventually he'll get there.  As for me, aside from a bowel episode or two, my Crohn's seems to have calmed down more than normal.  I'm going to stay the course and see how it goes.  I'm sure that with all the inflammation in there that there has been some damage.  I like it to a cut... it will take a bit to heal. 

Well, that's about it.  Night all!

2 comments:

  1. How did your belly handle the biscuits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so far, surprisingly well. we'll see how my bowels handle them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete