25 September 2011

Baby steps

I have decided that the best way for me to fail is to completely go off grains and go Primal again.  Grains are addictive, and my body craves them.  You wouldn't tell a smoker to go cold turkey.  Well, you might, but then they're dealing with the cravings.

So, I'm going to start with wheat.  I think it's probably the biggest factor in my issues, so it would be best to cut out the biggest culprit.  Corn will come after.  I already stay away as much as possible from HFCS, so that's a big help.  I'll try the oatmeal we have for breakfast, though I'm sure I won't eat it, it will go in the garbage and I'll make myself a cheese omelet.  I should probably just skip the oatmeal altogether because I just have never liked it. 

I do like rice, though.  But I don't seem to have issues with rice as much as I do with wheat.  So maybe I'll just make a rice pudding for the breakfasts when I'm tired of eggs.

But, instead of delving into it, I'm taking baby steps.  Better to start slow than try to go at a marathon pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment